When you bite into these beauties, it’ll be like biting into soft pillow-y pumpkin goodness! I highly suggest putting these on the top of your fall baking list. If you don’t own a doughnut pan, you can easily substitute for a muffin tin. Happy Baking!
Prep Time – 8 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 12
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- 1 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray your pan with coconut or avocado oil spray. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar to create a buttermilk and let sit for 5 minutes. Once it has curdled, add the pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Spoon the dough into the pans 3/4 the way high and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a small bowl, add extra cane sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Toss the warm doughnuts in the mixture and set on a cooling rack to finish cooling down.