Fall is upon us and we all know what that means… soup, soup and more soup! This is a staple in my household every year and gives you regular butternut squash soup that extra little kick!
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 40 minutes
Servings – 8
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions – roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – chopped
- 2 inch Fresh Ginger – Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Butternut Squash – Peeled and Cubed
- 3-4 Carrots – Peeled and Chopped
- 4 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Red Thai Chili Paste
- 1-2 tsp Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Juice from Fresh Lime
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the avocado oil (or coconut oil) along with the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Sautee for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Add in the butternut squash, carrots, chicken broth, water, fish sauce, chili flakes and curry paste. Bring the soup to a boil and then to a simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup with an emmersion blender or you can cool the soup and transfer to a stand up blender. Once blended, add in the coconut milk, Kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and salt. Top with extra lime, cilantro and chili flakes and serve hot.