Happy Cinco de Mayo! The perfect excuse to drink margaritas and stuff our faces with delicious tacos. I made these spicy cauliflower tacos with an avocado crema. It’s the perfect combination of flavours and textures to make you the talk of the town this Cinco de Mayo!
Prep Time – 25 minutes
Cook Time – 40 minutes
Servings – 15 tacos
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup franks buffalo hot sauce
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado, ripe
- 1 juice of lime
- pinch of sea salt
Honey Lime Vinaigrette Slaw:
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cotija or Feta cheese
- Fresh Lime
- Salsa Verde
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a cooking sheet with parchment paper. Take your head of cauliflower and cut into small florets. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and spray coconut oil and sprinle with some salt. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until lightly toasted on top.
- To make the avocado crema, place all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. I would slowly add water until you get a desired consistency. Place in a squeeze bottle to set aside. TIP: I would recommend making an extra batch, this crema is a great condiment to have in your fridge to zest up your dishes!
- To make the slaw, sliced the cabbage in thin pieces and place in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl add the olive oil, honey, lime juice, cumin, garlic, paprika and salt and whisk until blended. Add to the cabbage and allow to sit for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Once te cauliflower is out of the oven, place in a large bowl and toss in the Frank’s hot sauce. Add slowly, you want to coat them lightly so they don’t turn out soggy.
- Next is the fun part, the assembly! Grab a corn tortilla and start topping up your taco with the cauliflower, slaw and crema. I also like to add cilantro, lime and guacamole to my tacos but feel free to get as creative as you want! ENJOY
From crafting the sauciest yet healthy cocktails, to dancing on tables singing Whitney Houston. It's safe to say the "Sip…
Elyse has been training for four years this August with me. I can’t even begin to express how proud I…
Me and the All Day Fit crew made these energy bites for "Plastic Free July". Not only do store bought…
Looking to up your cocktail game this summer? How about adding some superfood ingredients? This cocktail is sweet and refreshing…