Because why would you settle for store bought granola when you can make a healthier cheaper version at home! I love whipping up a fresh batch of granola to match the seasons to serve on my yogurt, smoothie bowls or just for a great snack. The best thing about granola is you can play around with ingredients to make it your very own. So go ahead, get creative, and fill your home with the pleasant aroma of honey.
Prep Time – 8 minutes
Cook Time – 20-30 minutes
Servings – 10
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds – raw
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (or any dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until they are lightly coated with the honey and coconut oil.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture onto the parchment and spread until evenly coated. Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until granola is lightly toasted.
- Once you have taken the granola out of the oven, allow to cool completely without disturbing for 45 minutes. This allows the honey to harden and you can pull your granola out in chunks.
- Place in an airtight container and store up to a month. Otherwise you can freeze your granola in the freezer up to 3 months!