I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of spending $7.99 on a box of crackers to pair with my $15.99 cheese. These make ahead crackers are a great way to save $$ while impressing your dinner guests. You can also throw some loaves in the freezer for those last minute get togethers.
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 40-50 minutes + 16 minutes
Servings – 60 crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried black currants (or fruit of choice)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the buttermilk, coconut sugar and honey and stir briefly. Add the black currants, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed and rosemary and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into 2 8″4″ loaf pans. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the pan and cool.
- Once cooled, wrap the loaf in tin foil and pop it in the freezer. Once frozen, slice the loaves as thin, around 2-3mm, and place the slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Reduce the oven heat to 300° F and bake for 10-12 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 10-12 minutes, until crisp and deep golden.
My name is Beth and I have been training with Cassie for over 4 important years. I’ve watched her launch…
Salad for breakfast?! Some people think this concept is crazy so this recipe goes out to the crazy ones out…
These little beauties are such a treat to eat AND good to look at. Seriously, these energy bites will give…
Everyone seemed to be loving my last cauliflower recipe I couldn't just end it there! The recipe is so easy…