Don’t be that person that shows up with a box of frozen pre-made hors d’oeuvres to the party. These sweet potato rounds are easy, healthy and festive so you can be sure to stay on Santa’s nice list this year.
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 20-30 Rounds
- – 2-3 Sweet Potatoes
- – Avocado Oil
- – Ground Paprika
- – Sea Salt
- – Goat Cheese
- – Basil Leaves
- – 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- – Dried Cranberries
- – 1 cup Toasted Pecan Halves
- – 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 500F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the sweet potato into 1/2 inch rounds and place in a bowl drizzled with avocado oil, sea salt and paprika. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan on medium-high heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Once boiled, bring down to a simmer for 6-7 minutes until the balsamic has reduced. This creates a thick balsamic glaze that you will use to drizzle over top of your rounds. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a separate pan on medium-low heat, toss pecans and maple syrup into the pan until coated evenly. Allow the sugar to glaze the pecans for 8-10 minutes or until hard and sticky. Pour the pecans onto parchment and allow to harden completely. Set aside.
- Place your rounds on the lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 8 minutes a side or until golden brown. Once baked, top the rounds with goat cheese, basil, candied pecan, dried cranberries and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
My name is Beth and I have been training with Cassie for over 4 important years. I’ve watched her launch…
Salad for breakfast?! Some people think this concept is crazy so this recipe goes out to the crazy ones out…
These little beauties are such a treat to eat AND good to look at. Seriously, these energy bites will give…
Everyone seemed to be loving my last cauliflower recipe I couldn't just end it there! The recipe is so easy…