You know how when you make anything with ground turkey it’s usually pretty dry, especially the next day? Well this is the opposite case when it comes to these balls! This is probably one of my most favourite recipe I’ve made and it’s so simple. I truly believe the quality of meat you choose will go a long way for this dish and totally worth it. I purchased this ground turkey from Cumbrae’s in Toronto and I highly recommend them!
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5-6 minutes
Servings – 25-30 meatballs
- 1lb ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or almond meal for gluten-free
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Form mixture into 1 inch balls and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and drizzle with oil. Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes turning often, makes sure not to crowd the pan, I like to cook in 3 batches.
- In a separate pan, heat your favourite tomato sauce of choice and finish cooking the meatballs in the sauce so it can absorb the juices. Serve on top of any noodle and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.–