On Feb 17th, 2021 the All Day Fit community will be participating in Random Acts of Kindness Day.
What is a Random Act of Kindness?
The term Random Act of Kindness is generally attributed to Anne Herbert who wrote, “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty” on a restaurant placemat. The term refers to selfless acts, both large and small, that are unexpected and made without an apparent ulterior motive.
How does Random Act of Kindness day work?
We’re encouraging others to perform a random act of kindness, large or small, as a way to feel a sense of connection and purpose. Use the template on our IG story to share your act of kindness. Don’t forget to tag @alldayfit.co so we can reshare it too!
How does kindness lead to connection?
Kindness = dopamine (aka happy hormone) from a “helper’s high”. This happy feeling leaves us with purpose and the recipient with appreciation, forming a connection.
What are some examples of Random Acts of Kindness?
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you (or send one to a friend)
- Bake something and drop it off at a friend or family members home
- Donate clothes that you don’t wear
- Help someone carry their groceries
- Shovel a neighbour’s driveway when it snows
- Give someone a gift card
- Hold the door for someone
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Do someone else’s chores in your household
- Send a letter to a loved one instead of a text
We look forward to sharing kindness with you today!! Follow us on IG to participate.