Happy International Doughnut Day! I went out and got a mini doughnut doughnut pan a couple weeks ago and I am obsessed. How cute are these little doughnuts?! And they’re so simple to make. I’ve done healthy ones, regular ones and now vegan and I promise this will not be the end. Here are the classic Vegan Vanilla Doughnuts with rainbow sprinkles because everything is better with sprinkles.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 12-16 doughnuts
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a doughnut tray with coconut oil. In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients together, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla and whisk together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and start folding the batter in together gently. Toss in the sprinkles and stir a couple more times. Be careful not to over stir because then they won’t turn out as fluffy.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the molds and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden on the edges and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Prepare the glaze, simple out powder sugar and a touch of almond milk and vanilla in a bowl and stir together until you have a desired consistency. Glaze the doughnuts with a knife and dunk in as many sprinkles as your heart can take. Mine had A LOT!
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN 300K IN MAY! “I would walk 500 miles And I would walk 500 more Just…
The first ever All Day Fit Recess in support of Cystic Fibrosis Canada was a HUGE success!! Thanks to everyone…
Happy International Doughnut Day! I went out and got a mini doughnut doughnut pan a couple weeks ago and I…
There is nothing quite like a dish that is made with simple, fresh ingredients. When I traveled Italy years ago…