The first thing we often think of when someone is vegan or vegetarian is “how are they getting enough protein?” Well I’m here to tell you there are plenty of amazing options out there that are filled with protein. I know for myself, my body often needs to take a break from eating meat and these are my top 5 go-tos to make sure my body is still getting its daily requirement for my needs and goals!
- Eggs – Eggs are such an easy way to add protein to a meal and the yolk provides so many nutrients! Adding 2 eggs on top of your stirfry can give you 12g of protein!
- Tempeh – Tempeh is a soy-based protein that will give you 15g of protein per ½ cup. I like to marinate my tempeh in a peanut butter sauce and bake in the oven.
- Skyr Yogurt – This yogurt is honestly a gift sent from above. It is PACKED with protein at 17g per 1 cup and can be substituted for sour cream, added to smoothies or eaten on its own with some berries. I always have one of these bad boys stocked in my fridge.
- Edamame – Yes that’s right, those edamame beans that you binge on at all you can eat sushi are little protein powerhouses! There are 17g per 1 cup serving and are a perfect addition to any salad or great to snack on with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Lentils – 9g of protein in 1/2 cup of lentils. They can be added in curries, soup, burgers, dips and MORE!
These are just a few options I prefer, what are your favourite vegetarian protein options?
Let's face it, the majority of us can agree that we all need to drink more water throughout the day.…
Happy Cinco de Mayo! The perfect excuse to drink margaritas and stuff our faces with delicious tacos. I made these…
You asked, and I delivered! Cauliflower Gnocchi is all the rage right now and when I was asked to make…
This Easter I channeled my inner bunny and went raw this season. This raw carrot cake was the highlight of…