This time of year there is nothing like coming home to a pot of soup on the stove. This creamy potato leek soup will warm up your soul.
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 45 minutes
Servings – 8
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 Leeks – sliced (white part only)
- 3 Cloves Garlic – Mashed
- 7 cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes (approx. 3-4)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Milk of choice (coconut, almond, milk or cream)
- In a large pot melt butter on medium heat. Slice leeks into thin slices and toss in the pot until tender, you should be able to get 4 cups of leeks. Make sure to only slice the white part of the leek and rinse well, lots of dirt get trapped in the layers.
- Add in the mashed garlic and sautee for one minute. Peel and chop your potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and toss into the pot. Add in the broth, thyme, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper and cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring the soup down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft all the way through. Pick out the bay leaves and thyme. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until desired texture. I like to leave little chunks of potato and leeks personally for texture! If you don’t have an immersion blender, allow the coup to cool and transfer into a stand blender and pulse until desired texture.
- Stir in the milk of your choice, I used 10% cream in mine for extra creamy goodness but coconut or almond milk would also do the trick! Season to your desire and serve with freshly chopped chives.
These are the perfect chocolatey snack to have on hand and is easily made with your classic pantry essentials! Prep…
As we practice social distancing, it’s also a good time to limit making frequent trips to the grocery store! Efficiently…
While we’re all at home, doing our best to manage social distancing, why not try out some new recipes? It’s…
Do you know how many hours you sit in a day? Has this amount of time increased or decreased since…