You asked, and I delivered! Cauliflower Gnocchi is all the rage right now and when I was asked to make a healthier/gluten free version of my favourite pasta dish I had to oblige! Try cooking this up for dinner and top with your favourite pasta sauce like pesto, tomato or good ol’ parmesan. Don’t be fooled by how many ingredients there are, this pasta takes a lot of time and patience but is totally worth it in the end.
Prep Time – 30 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Servings – 2
- 1 cauliflower chopped into florets (avg. 4 cups)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 potato starch
- Cup up the cauliflower in small florets and place in a steamer pot for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is super tender. Once the cauliflower has cooled to a temperature that is manageable to handle with your hands, place the cauliflower in a cheesecloth and ring out any excess water.
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower, salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil until it is completely smooth scraping down the sides as needed. Add the mixture into a bowl and start adding the flour and kneading until it forms a dough that you can roll.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch thick tubes and cut one inch a part (this is the tedious part). Once you have cut all the pieces, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and carefully add in the gnocchi and let them cook until they float to the top.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and coat with oil. This part is important to have on a higher heat, the longer the gnocchi’s cook in the pan the more likely they will stick together and become a pancake lol. Saute the gnocchi’s in the pan until they crisp up doing your best to not have them touch approximately 5 minutes each side. I made them in a few batches.
- Serve in a bowl with your favourite sauce and toppings like parmesan, salt and pepper, parsley, tomato sauce or pesto!