Salad for breakfast?! Some people think this concept is crazy so this recipe goes out to the crazy ones out there. I personally love salads and eat one everyday. It is such a great way to get variety in your diet with textures, colours and nutrients. I came home one day and started putting together this epic bowl and BAM, the breakfast salad was born. Here are the ingredients I used but I encourage you to get creative and use whatever ingredients you have in the fridge. TIP: Smoked salmon highly encouraged!
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5 minutes
Servings – 1 giant bowl to keep you full for hours!
- Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs (cooked any style)
- Smoked Salmon
- Roasted Sweet Potato
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Pickled Onions
- Baby Tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- Pico de Gallo
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Green Onion
- Chili Flakes (if desired)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place a good heaping of arugula in a bowl and massage in olive oil, lemon, sea salt and pepper until lightly coated.
- In a pan on medium heat, crack the eggs and lightly scramble and season with sea salt. I had sweet potato and brussel sprouts already cooked from my meal prep early in the week and I just reheated them in a pan on medium-high heat. Feel free to use any vegetables you have made or sautee some fresh vegetables such as mushroom and peppers.
- Top the salad with all of the ingredients listed, eggs, smoked salmon, avocado, pickled onion, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet potato, brussel sprouts and pico de gallo. In a separate small bowl place 1 tbsp of tahini and a good sqweeze of lemon with salt and pepper and mix together. Drizzle the dressing on top. Top off with green onion and ENJOY.
I can’t believe it’s been almost a year of training with this incredible human being. No matter what, or how…
What if I told you that you could eat your yogurt and granola in a bite-sized edible cup? Well it's…
It's time for a new granola recipe to fit in with the new season. I love eating seasonally, and with…
As we look back on Winter 2019 Strong Academy, we can’t help but feel all the feels! We’re grateful to…