Your spring time favourite, made into a paleo, refined sugar-free version! Cut yourself a slice of this zesty heaven!
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 40-50 minutes
Servings – 10-12
- 4 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds (soaked in any type of nut milk)
- ¼ cup coconut manna “butter”
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your bundt pan with coconut oil, don’t hold back here! Pour your poppy seeds into a small bowl with some nut milk to allow it to absorb for 20-30 minutes. This will make the poppy seeds less crunchy in the cake. Set aside.
- Place your almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and whisk together. In a separate bowl combine your eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, whisk well. Combine your flour mixture and stir all together, here is when you can strain out your poppy seeds and fold them into the mixture.
- Pour your batter into the greased pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. You should be able to stick a knife through and it comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add in your coconut butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut milk and vanilla, then set aside to cool.
- Allow your cake to completely cool for about an hour before adding your glaze. You don’t want it to melt right off! Once you have glazed your cake, slice and enjoy!
Have you noticed the positive impact this global quarantine has had on the environment? Increases in air quality and a…
Mexican Street Corn! or if you want to sound really authentic, Esquites. One of my favourite Mexican dishes that is…
Hey guys, I’m back again to continue the conversation about how we sit at our desks. Prolonged sitting comes with…
Your spring time favourite, made into a paleo, refined sugar-free version! Cut yourself a slice of this zesty heaven! Prep…