Let’s face it guys… summer is gone, the cold is coming and life just got a little darker. On the bright side of things, it’s nothing that a big bowl of hot chili can’t solve. Try making a pot of this hearty chili that is only filled with wholesome ingredients and I’m sure it will fill your tummies with happiness!
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 4 hours
Servings – 8-10
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 5oz can tomato puree
- 1 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1 can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Cilantro, goat mozzarella, avocado for topping
- On medium heat in a large pan drizzled with coconut oil, add onions and garlic and sautee until soft for 5-7 minutes. Add in the meat and break it up until it has completely browned.
- Set your crock pot to the low setting and add in the onions garlic and meat into the pot. Make sure not to add in the juice form the meat unless you want a watery chili!
- Toss in the sliced mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato puree and broth into the pot. Add in the chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt and mix until combined.
- Set the timer for 4 hours and allow the chili to cook down. Once the chili is done, top with your favourite toppings such as avocado, goat mozzarella, jalapenos and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
WOW, what a month...of delicious food, colourful pictures, new recipes and food plans! Congratulations on making it through Nutrition November…
Today is Women’s Entrepreneurship Day. I talk a lot about my experience as an entrepreneur – the highs, the lows…
Watch us whisk….watch us bake, bake The Healthy Holiday Hacks - Baking Workshop lead by our holistic nutritionist Brooke Enchin…
The perfect combination of crunchy with a chewy centre just in time for the holidays! Prep Time - 12 minutes Cook…