Let’s face it guys… summer is gone, the cold is coming and life just got a little darker. On the bright side of things, it’s nothing that a big bowl of hot chili can’t solve. Try making a pot of this hearty chili that is only filled with wholesome ingredients and I’m sure it will fill your tummies with happiness!
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cook Time – 4 hours
Servings – 8-10
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 5oz can tomato puree
- 1 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1 can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Cilantro, goat mozzarella, avocado for topping
- On medium heat in a large pan drizzled with coconut oil, add onions and garlic and sautee until soft for 5-7 minutes. Add in the meat and break it up until it has completely browned.
- Set your crock pot to the low setting and add in the onions garlic and meat into the pot. Make sure not to add in the juice form the meat unless you want a watery chili!
- Toss in the sliced mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato puree and broth into the pot. Add in the chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt and mix until combined.
- Set the timer for 4 hours and allow the chili to cook down. Once the chili is done, top with your favourite toppings such as avocado, goat mozzarella, jalapenos and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
For weeks I've been craving Asian noodles and I finally conquered my craving. I also might have eaten the entire…
One of my favourite challenges from 2018 with All Day Fit was our September Self-Love challenge. For me, it was…
BINGO BANGO BOOM- WHAT A YEAR…we mean month! But if you followed along, you’d notice that many of the check…
As I write this, I am cat sitting in the condo of a very dear friend of mine, having just…