What is Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST)?
FST is assisted table-based traction and stretch therapy that focuses on your fascia – the connective tissue that surrounds all muscles, joints and nerves.
FST is a pain free treatment that will lengthen muscles and loosen tension in the body. It will help increase your range of motion, decrease pain and inflammation as well as improve your physical performance.
Benefits of FST
- Reduce pain and risk of injury
- Increase range of motion, mobility and flexibility (leads to more effective training)
- Improve rate of recovery by releasing endorphins and increasing blood flow to the muscles
- Significantly reduce stress
- See noticeable improvements in posture
What to expect during your FST session?
This is a table-based treatment. You will lay on the massage table and the FST therapist will manipulate and move your arms, legs, and torso in different directions. To assist with the treatment the therapist will use straps to hold down one leg or arm – don’t worry it won’t hurt – to get that deeper stretch we all crave.