Salad for breakfast?! Some people think this concept is crazy so this recipe goes out to the crazy ones out there. I personally love salads and eat one everyday. It is such a great way to get variety in your diet with textures, colours and nutrients. I came home one day and started putting together this epic bowl and BAM, the breakfast salad was born. Here are the ingredients I used but I encourage you to get creative and use whatever ingredients you have in the fridge. TIP: Smoked salmon highly encouraged!
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5 minutes
Servings – 1 giant bowl to keep you full for hours!
- Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs (cooked any style)
- Smoked Salmon
- Roasted Sweet Potato
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Pickled Onions
- Baby Tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- Pico de Gallo
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Green Onion
- Chili Flakes (if desired)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place a good heaping of arugula in a bowl and massage in olive oil, lemon, sea salt and pepper until lightly coated.
- In a pan on medium heat, crack the eggs and lightly scramble and season with sea salt. I had sweet potato and brussel sprouts already cooked from my meal prep early in the week and I just reheated them in a pan on medium-high heat. Feel free to use any vegetables you have made or sautee some fresh vegetables such as mushroom and peppers.
- Top the salad with all of the ingredients listed, eggs, smoked salmon, avocado, pickled onion, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet potato, brussel sprouts and pico de gallo. In a separate small bowl place 1 tbsp of tahini and a good sqweeze of lemon with salt and pepper and mix together. Drizzle the dressing on top. Top off with green onion and ENJOY.
For weeks I've been craving Asian noodles and I finally conquered my craving. I also might have eaten the entire…
One of my favourite challenges from 2018 with All Day Fit was our September Self-Love challenge. For me, it was…
BINGO BANGO BOOM- WHAT A YEAR…we mean month! But if you followed along, you’d notice that many of the check…
As I write this, I am cat sitting in the condo of a very dear friend of mine, having just…